NSIP and NextSTEP would like to thank everyone who attended the 2011 Symposium on Service and Inclusion: Improving the Member Experience Through Intentional Strategies. Please continue to use these pages for information about your favorite sessions and/or plenaries.
National service and volunteering positively impact both members and volunteers and the communities they serve. Positive results are more attainable when organizations employ practices that ensure a powerful service experience for members and volunteers. We are pleased to announce the 2011 Symposium on Inclusion and Service as an opportunity to improve skills and explore innovative practices that when intentionally and strategically used, create meaningful service experiences that transform lives and communities.
The symposium is a joint activity of the National Service Inclusion Project (NSIP) and the National Service to Employment Project (NextSTEP), funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). We expect representatives from the Corporation’s programs including AmeriCorps and Senior Corps; public and private disability agencies; national and state disability organizations; volunteer programs; past and current members and volunteers with disabilities; educational institutions; the nonprofit sector; and employers to come together to:
- Explore and share policies and practices that support the national service network and provide experiences that lead to service member success.
- Examine the latest trends in the disability community and their potential application to service environments.
- Foster deeper collaboration between the disability and service communities.
Plenary presentations, skill-building workshops, intensive seminars, and interactive forums will focus on topics such as:
- Universal strategies for access and accommodations.
- Service as a path to employment.
- Recruiting and supporting underrepresented populations.
- And much more to be announced in the near future!
If you have any questions, contact us at 1-888-491-0326 (toll-free voice and TTY) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.